JACKSON–JCP&L said today that a power outage that put approximately 9,000 customers in the dark Saturday morning was traced back to a faulty transmission line at the Hyson Rd. substation. Power was out primarily in the northern section of town as police blocked traffic from crossing County Line road at several locations and directed traffic at others. Despite power being off in other areas of the town, in many cases, traffic lights remained on even though nearby homes and businesses were without power for several hours.
- » Ocean County St. Patrick’s Day Parade: In Pictures
- » Where are they Now: Former Toms River Mayor Involved in Ritacco Scandal in NYC Prison Until August
- » Fire Destroys Sandy Damaged Home in Toms River
- » Secretary of Defense Threatens New Round of Base Closures in 2017: Could the Joint Base be Next?
- » Man Who Tried to Have Wife and Daughter Killed Sentenced to Prison
- » Lakewood Man Sentenced to 22 Years in Prison After Defrauding Orthodox Community of $200 Million
- » Jersey Shore, MTV Donate Funding for Seaside Heights Event Center
- » Toms River Man Arrested While Impersonating JCP&L Worker; Cutting Cables
- » Brick Township Marine Named Parris Island Top Drill Instructor
- » NJ DOT Problems Plague Jersey Shore: Frustration and Anger Kick Off 2014 Shore Tourism Season