TOMS RIVER–Officer David Bartoshek responded to a fire at in Holiday City at 4 p.m. on Tuesday. A 69 year old woman was cooking french fries when the pot became too hot and started a fire in the kitchen. She then attempted to put the fire out with water that caused the fire to grow. She used a fire extinguisher to put out the kitchen fire that caused damage to the stove, microwave and walls and kitchen of the home. The Toms River Bureau of Fire prevention responded to inspect the residence and the victim refused medical attention.
- » Toms River Announces New Superintendent of Schools
- » Cause of Death of Ocean County Judge’s Ex-Husband Still Unknown
- » Ocean County St. Patrick’s Day Parade: In Pictures
- » Where are they Now: Former Toms River Mayor Involved in Ritacco Scandal in NYC Prison Until August
- » Fire Destroys Sandy Damaged Home in Toms River
- » Secretary of Defense Threatens New Round of Base Closures in 2017: Could the Joint Base be Next?
- » Man Who Tried to Have Wife and Daughter Killed Sentenced to Prison
- » Lakewood Man Sentenced to 22 Years in Prison After Defrauding Orthodox Community of $200 Million
- » Jersey Shore, MTV Donate Funding for Seaside Heights Event Center
- » Toms River Man Arrested While Impersonating JCP&L Worker; Cutting Cables