TOMS RIVER-Officer Larry DiFabio is investigating the theft from an 83 year old East Dover couple who were victims of a telephone scam. The couple was contacted by a man who stated they won the “Senior Lottery”. The victims reported several times that they inquired if was the call a scam and were assured it was not and that they were to receive $750,000 and only had to cover some fees for their winnings. The couple then purchased a $500 Gift card and later wired $1,500 to an “876” number which apparently is in Jamaica. Police are once again warning residents of this phone scam and the other calls that state a relative needs financial assistance.
- » Toms River Announces New Superintendent of Schools
- » Cause of Death of Ocean County Judge’s Ex-Husband Still Unknown
- » Ocean County St. Patrick’s Day Parade: In Pictures
- » Where are they Now: Former Toms River Mayor Involved in Ritacco Scandal in NYC Prison Until August
- » Fire Destroys Sandy Damaged Home in Toms River
- » Secretary of Defense Threatens New Round of Base Closures in 2017: Could the Joint Base be Next?
- » Man Who Tried to Have Wife and Daughter Killed Sentenced to Prison
- » Lakewood Man Sentenced to 22 Years in Prison After Defrauding Orthodox Community of $200 Million
- » Jersey Shore, MTV Donate Funding for Seaside Heights Event Center
- » Toms River Man Arrested While Impersonating JCP&L Worker; Cutting Cables